You’re looking forward to a whole new life
This is an exciting time for you. You doctor has performed the LASIK procedure – one of the world’s most advanced methods for enhancing vision. Chances are, you’re already noticing an improvement in your vision without contact lenses or glasses. As your eyes heal during the next few months, you may experience some discomfort due to dryness. This is entirely normal and is caused by a temporary reduction in your eyes natural tendency to make tears. Fortunately, there are several things you can do to soothe your eyes during recovery. Following LASIK, you doctor may also recommend prescription eye drops to control inflammation and prevent infections.
- Avoid rubbing you eyes during the first several days following LASIK.
- Women should avoid wearing eye makeup for approximately one week.
- Avoid smoky or unsanitary environments.
A comfortable healing process:
Be sure to follow all of your doctor’s instructions. In addition, here are some helpful hints:
- Avoid drafts from air conditioner vents, especially in cars and airplanes.
- Sunglasses will help relieve light sensitivity and protect you eyes from drafts.
- If your eyes feel uncomfortable, simply close them or take a nap.
Equally important, most LASIK patients benefit greatly from using artificial tears during recovery. Artificial tears help lubricate the eyes and allow the lids to move smoothly. Artificial tears are ideal for relieving temporary dry eye and can help you enjoy a more comfortable recovery.